
Cat’s newest blog post made me think about my childhood… Have u ever had a flashback of a memory from when you were a child? Or have u ever sat there and wished you were a little kid again? Well that happens to me all the time.
I remember I loved my mum reading my brother and me bedtime stories every night. I wish I could be six years old again…
Can you think of yours? Well when you get some time close your eyes and think if you had one chance to relive one memory that you have what would it be? And when you are thinking you will remember things that you never thought you would remember.
4 comments:
Check you out posting a pic on your blog - very impressive barb!
Yes, I have fantastic memories of playing with my little sister in our front yard under a huge tree that had a red rope swing. We haev a massive front yard and a big high wall so it made us feel like we had our very own private park. We could even ride our bikes in the front yard! I feel very lucky to have had such an amazing childhood with such a beautiful family. We went on heaps of family holidays too - camping, Fiji (dad worked on the island as the doctor so we spent loads of time there), family dinners and all sorts of family activities.
I think I have a really good short term memory which compensates from my extremely bad long term memory.
I remember once being told that in order to remember things you have to keep on thinking about them, this makes the little 'passage' in your brain a bit wider because information is continually carried back and forth, so it's easier to recall the memory. However if you rarely think about something the little 'passage' becomes more narrow and therefore harder to get through...
Maybe i'm so excited about the present that I forget the past?
wow that's really interesting about the 'passage' of memory. That's why it's good to reminisce and take photos if you want to have lots of memories about things. The memory type I love the best is the 'selective memory'... =)
Your blog made me think about my earliest memory and what this may be... not completely sure but I think it may be a time when I had an old dial face telephone I used to make pretend calls on to people I know. I think I was about two years old and i was playing with Mum and Dad. This phone seemed HUGE in my baby hands. Mum and Dad would make the ringing sound and I would answer 'Eeo' as I could not yet pronounce 'hello'. i think that may be my earliest memory! What's yours?
Post a Comment